November 6-14, 2017
Info about the trip or team — Email
Several years ago, our first team set out for Barranca, Peru, to visit our partner church through Compassion International—Temple Zion—and meet the children many in our congregation sponsor. November 6-14, another team will visit again to see what God is doing in the lives of those we encounter.
We want to deliver a gift from you, as long as it fits into a quart-size Zip-Lock bag. Please click here if you wish to print the guidelines flyer shown below:
This year’s team has a table in the Connector this Sunday, Oct. 29, with info and free quart-size bags—and also to collect filled bags. Bags will also be collected on Sunday, Nov. 5. Our goal is to have one gift for each child in the program—not just those sponsored by our parishioners. That would be a total of 550 gifts. If you can provide two such gifts, our goal can be met! They can both be for any child (each labeled “boy” or “girl”), or one for your sponsored child (labeled with his or her name and Compassion ID number) and the other for any child (“boy” or “girl”).
Team members are (front row) Lisa Shattuck, Shari Franzen, Peter Franzen, Christy Richenburg, Deryk Richenburg, (behind, left to right) Grace Mitchell, Drew Shattuck, Barbara Plante, Karen Smyth, Tricia Kaye, Karen Canna, Ted Hulbert, Judy Franzen, Sarah Butters, Stephanie Pawlowicz, and Lynn Sunshine.
Our Mission in PeruWhile in Peru, we will run crafts, games and Sunday school classes, make home visits to church members, work in the kitchen and classrooms, and, of course, carry our congregation’s greetings to the children in the program and members of Temple Zion.
• Pray for protection and travel safety—and for courage for first-time mission travelers.
• Pray for Temple Zion and the Compassion program.
• Pray for the many children and families we sponsor.
• Pray that our team members would be led by the Holy Spirit and sensitive to the work the Lord is doing among His people in Barranca, and that He would reveal to them the ways First Church can come alongside Temple Zion in the furtherance of His Kingdom.
• Pray that our team would be granted the ability to discern ways we can support Temple Zion’s leadership and ministry as it undergoes changes and faces challenges.
Call or email Drew Shattuck, 860.529.1575 x217, who will give you a chance to choose a specific child to sponsor. You will receive a photo & information packet. All of the children presented take part in the Children of Jesus program of Compassion and our partner church in Barranca—Temple Zion. Change a life, correspond, build a loving relationship, be a blessing—and be blessed!
* * *
To learn much more about this truly extraordinary church partnership, please read this illustrated article by Pastor Deryk.