WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15 — All Family Ministry activities and most others (including Churchwide Prayer) are canceled this evening.
November 9-17, 2015Watch for details on our 2017 trip!
Deryk Richenburg | 860.529.1575 x213 | Email
Several years ago, our first team set out for Barranca, Peru, to visit our partner church through Compassion International—Temple Zion—and meet the children many in our congregation sponsor.
November 9-17, 2015, another team will head out to see what God is doing in the lives of those we encounter and to deliver a gift from you!
This year’s team will have a table in the Connector October 18 and 25, and November 1, with information on how to plan and send a small gift with the team for a child, or click here for instructions. Gift bags can also be dropped off on those same Sundays. Our goal is to have one gift for each child in the program—not just the children sponsored through our congregation.
While in Peru, we will run crafts, games and Sunday school classes, make home visits to church members, work in the kitchen and classrooms, and, of course, carry our congregation’s greetings to the children in the program and members of Temple Zion.
• Pray for protection and travel safety—and for courage for first-time mission travelers.
• Pray for Temple Zion and the school program.
• Pray for the many children and families we sponsor.
• Pray that our team members would be led by the Holy Spirit and sensitive to the work the Lord is doing among His people in Barranca, and that He would reveal to them the ways First Church can come alongside Temple Zion in the furtherance of His Kingdom.
• Pray that our team would be granted the ability to discern ways we can support Temple Zion’s leadership and ministry as it undergoes changes and faces challenges.
Call or email Pastor Deryk, who will give you a chance to choose a specific child to sponsor. You will receive a photo & information packet. All of the children presented take part in the Children of Jesus program of Compassion and our partner church in Barranca—Temple Zion. Change a life, correspond, build a loving relationship, be a blessing—and be blessed!
* * *
To learn more about our church partnership, read this illustrated article by Pastor Deryk and/or call him at 860.529.1575 x213.